2/2/11

Eight

I am 32 weeks... for real this time. And I'm looking it too.  The good kind of "glowing" has turned into the puffy and swollen kind of "glowing". I'm pregnant everywhere, not just in my belly but also in my hips, back, feet, ankles, cheeks, and chin!

If I thought I didn't have any stomach muscles before then I was sorely mistaken. There have been a few times in the last month when I literally can not force myself  off the couch. I'll wait for Jason to come by to help before I even attempt it. And getting out of the bathtub... forget about it! I'm beginning to feel like a beached whale. All in the name of motherly love I guess. So technically 8 more weeks to go until we meet our little man.

8 Highlights From Harper's First Baby Shower! 
1. The decor. My sister put A LOT of work into making this shower absolutely adorable! From the hanging pom poms to the smallest details like the food tags, everything was color coordinated and perfect! SO cute! (inside joke for Hay!) 













2. The food. What is more important to a pregnant lady's party than the food? It was all so delicious and well presented. Thanks mom and all of the helping hands!
3. The book. The guests were asked to leave a note to Baby Harper in a classic Disney book called The Shaggy Dog. Such a cute idea that I had never heard of. I can't wait to read the messages to Harper and show him how loved he was even before he got here!













4. The cupcakes. They looked and tasted fantastic. My cute cousin Darby is so talented when it comes to cakes/cupcakes. The cupcakes truly were the talk of the party. It was hard for us to bring ourselves to eat them, until you took one bite and realized how delicious they were!


5. The presents. I would be lying if I said this wasn't a highlight! Who doesn't love getting showered with gifts? I am so grateful for everything that we received for Harper and left feeling so loved and blessed to have awesome friends and family. I can't wait for Harper to meet them all!

6. The advice. The guests were also asked to give me "mommy advice" which I could probably never get enough of. My favorite advice came from my cousin Tiawni, "Spankins are good for the kids and the momma!" Obviously coated with sarcasm, it was a nice reminder to laugh and not take things so seriously all of the time.


7. The company. It was great to see and visit with friends and family. Life gets so crazy for everyone, so it's nice to catch up!



  8. Celebrating this little guy.  
I know that most of the people who came to the shower are not as excited for Harper's arrival as Jason and I are, but it's nice to feel the support and love from those around us as we embark on a new and crazy-exciting time of life. 

Here are the latest pictures of baby Harper.


Profile Shot: Those are looking like Daddy's lips!













 
Face Shot: And those are looking like mommy's cheeks!











Thanks to those that helped and came to the shower for making our first baby shower so memorable! 

4 comments:

Danielle and Preston said...

So sad i missed it! Looks adorable. I have a wedding this Friday, but let's maybe shoot for next Friday to get together!? :)

Kylie Whiting said...

cute nicole! i'm so happy for you!

you'll be an A plus mom for sure.

Kourtney and Nathan said...

Hmm...apparently I missed the shaggy dog book and advice jar?? It must have been past the couch, haha! I absolutely love that hat you got, so cute!!

Kathryn Buxton said...

Bummed I missed it, Kourtney was supposed to represent the two of us-but from her about comment sounds like she just slept? Ha ha just kidding..(I think? I guess I don't know since I wasn't there!) Anyways, glad everything turned out so great, I can't believe you are 32 weeks already (and I haven't seen you for any of it!) You and Kourtney just have the babies at the same time so I can see both! yeah!