7/3/11

Three Months

It is getting harder and harder to get a picture of this wiggly worm when he's NOT moving. He is getting to be so much fun. I was just saying to Jason the other night that it's too bad that the first 2 months have to suck so bad. I feel like I'm just now starting to enjoy being a mom. 
 He is changing so much! The belly aches are pretty much gone- thank heavens! He loves to do patty cake and we've discovered a few other fun games that get him to giggle. He has started eating more and sleeping longer at night. He really likes being outside and especially swimming. We go over to the pool a couple of times a week now.
I woke up one day and Harper was bald! All of his cute little hair was just gone. I'm still grieving the loss, but I know it will come back one day. I'm blaming it on the stupid cradle cap. 
He enjoys watching me do dishes from the comfort of his Bumbo.

 Harper turned 3 months on Fathers Day. Harper got his daddy a few cheesy gifts like this gold medal (chocolate) and a Worlds Best Dad mug. But don't worry we also got him some good gifts to show him how much we love and appreciate him!
 We've recently discovered that Jason is really good at putting Harper to bed... meaning Harper sleeps longer when Jason puts him to bed. So now their nightly routine includes bottle, bath, book and bed. I think it's good for them to have this time together and I do enjoy my nightly break.
 This was a poor attempt at getting some pictures to give to Jason for Fathers Day. Harper is such a trooper when it comes to picture taking time. He doesn't always smile but he always puts up with it.
He is starting to interact with his toys more now. He likes to lay on his play mat and grab onto these rings. It's very rewarding to learn new things about him and see his personality develop. One thing we learned about him this month is that he is a home body- sort of like his parents. We went California the day after his blessing and he did wonderfully in the car but as soon as we got to California he was a little stinker. He was inconsolably fussy for no apparent reason. Needless to say, we didn't do much while we were there but it was nice to get away for a while and relax- as much as you can on a vacation with a 10 week old. What were we thinking???

3 comments:

Katie Price said...

told you it gets better:). he is darling. is he ready to come spend the night with us yet???

Teri Wadman said...

He is so cute! I know, I love watching them as they figure new things out. You can see those wheels in their brains just a turnin.

Zac and Shelece said...

I think he is so cute!! He looks so much like you to me : ) I am glad you are getting into the fun parts of being a mom, that first three months is hard, but it's so worth it because from now on they will continually learn new stuff and it's SO FUN to watch them grow up!!