8/29/11

Hot La-la (Lava)

I have THE worst memory and I vaguely remember things from my childhood but one thing I do remember is playing "Hot La-La (Lava)" with my sisters. I'm sure as a parent it's nice when your kids get along and play well together but I'm also sure they were less than thrilled that when we played nice together we were jumping off and on furniture and screaming. The goal was to move throughout the room making it to each piece of furniture without falling in the hot la-la (touching the carpet). We would bounce onto pillows, couch cushions, blankets all the while screaming and laughing and helping the sister that happened to fall into the hot la-la.
Anyway, that has almost nothing to do with this post except that a few weekends ago we went to Lava Hot Springs and I kept thinking about "Hot La-La" while we were there. I have never been to Lava Hot Springs but it's a pretty happening place. It was jammed pack with people trying to squeeze in one last quick get away before school begins.

Harper and I went swimming for a while and then hung out under the shade and had a mini-photo shoot! He turned five months the day that we left for Lava. What a cute little thing he is. I love him more every day!  


I don't have very many pictures of me and Harper because usually I'm the one behind the camera.



The next day the river was floated... by pretty much everyone in town including our crew. It was craziness.


It was nice to have some family time...
some silly time...
  and some giggle time.


 Did I mention that teething has plagued our house recently.... fun stuff.

The Merrill's 2011

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love these pictures! Hot la-la was the best!! We will definitely have to teach our kiddos how to play it in the future :)