9/30/11

Cinco, Seis

When I was pregnant and lazy, not by choice but by necessity, I spent a lot of time blog surfing. I would get so mad at those people who never updated their blogs. I mean really... how inconsiderate (insert sarcasm). Now I am that person. Oh well, I guess that just means I have more ways to spend my time. Whether those ways are better or more fun than blogging, is yet to be determined. 
Although you wouldn't know it from my blog, Harper is now 6 months old. Here are some updated photos. But I must confess, the 5 and 6 month photos were taken only minutes apart. I know, so much for growth documentation. Oh well. 

Harper- in your 5th month you learned to roll over. However, once you get to your belly you don't like it much, so most of the time you just cry until someone turns you back over. Every once in a while, you roll back over on your own, but for some reason you've mastered the hard part of rolling over and overlooked the easiest.
You also started eating baby food at five months. We began with your veggies. Someone gave us a ginormous squash so I decided to turn it into baby food and I think it's your favorite so far. We've since tried bananas, avocados, green beans and peaches. Oh the faces you make each time you try a new food. It's so entertaining for me, but I feel for ya. There is no way I would put that stuff in my mouth. I've started making all of your baby food now. I don't really think it saves us much money and it's probably not that much better for you, but I like it, so I do it. 
You also began teething at five months, which was such a joy. I don't know which is worse, a colic-y baby or a teething one. The first few days of teething were the worst. I rushed off to the store and bought everything from Orajel to a variety of teething toys. As it turns out you would prefer to just gnaw on your fingers. Now the teething just comes and goes but still no teeth for you.  
The doctor wanted you to come in for a weight check at five months. You weighed 13.7 pounds. You consistently gain weight but I just can't figure out where it goes. You definitely aren't a chubby baby but the leg rolls are starting to appear. 
Here are the 6th month photos which are actually pretty accurate.
 I loved this picture because is so perfectly depicts what you are doing at this age. You started sitting up and everything within your reach goes into your mouth. Usually you prefer the things that are off limits for your mouth instead of your actual toys. You are so curious about the things around you. 
You now weigh a whopping 14 pounds 12 ounces. Mommy and Daddy placed bets on what you would weigh before your appointment and I was dead on. Too bad we didn't make any wagers. You are 27 inches long too. People often comment on how long you are. You really aren't that much longer than other babies your age. I think you just look longer because you are pretty skinny.
You love eating your baby food, but for some reason you despise your high chair. I can't figure it out. As soon as I put you in it, the crying begins right up until that first bite. I've even wondered if your diaper was too tight (I mean I know I don't like sitting and eating a meal in tight pants). Hopefully you get used to it soon because you have quite a few more months in that thing. 
You experienced your first sickness in month six. Mom and dad got sick and then the next week so were you. It was a sucky week for all of us, especially because there wasn't much we could do for you except wait it out. Just a part of life I guess.
Sometimes I like to imagine what's going on inside of your head. Here is what I think you were thinking while these pictures were being taken....
"How old does this say I am?"
"Six months, really?"
"Where has the time gone?"
"Man, I can't believe I'm already six months old."

I love you baby and I always will. I love being your mommy.

No comments: